10 Powerful Mental Game QuotesFebruary 16, 2014
1. Do well what you dislike and the rest will be easy. Along with successes, collect a proper number of failures. ~ Milton Erickson, M.D.
2. Every single day I wake up and commit myself to becoming a better player. ~ Mia Hamm
3. All the trophies and all the championships in the world don’t change the fact that today I have to practice. ~ Tiger Woods
4. Always keep your composure. You can’t score from the penalty box; and to win you have to score. ~ Horace
5. The time is now. The place is here. ~ Dan Millman
6. Imagine the possibilities of unlimited possibilities. ~ Unknown
7. I need to chase myself and not chase anybody. I’ve got a big enough tail to chase. I don’t need to worry about anybody else. ~ Davis Love III
8. Trust the instinct to the end, though you can render no reason. ~ Ralph Waldo Emmerson
9. They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it. ~ Willie Mays
10. If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you. ~ Fred DeVito
Dr. Jim Afremow is a leading mental coach, licensed professional counselor, and the author of The Champion’s Mind: How Great Athletes Think, Train and Thrive (Rodale, January 2014). He is the founder of Good to Gold Medal, PLLC, a leading sports psychology coaching and consulting practice located in Phoenix, Arizona.